Chat Server Instructions
There are two ways of registering:
1) Using the registration token I gave you
- Go to https://element.speakfreak.life - This is the web app on my website. This web app is a front end for my matrix server. While there are a multitude of clients for matrix registration must be done here because it has support for the registration token feature. I've tried this unsuccessfully with my phone.
- Choose a username and a password - There are only a few users on my server so the username you want is probably available.
- It will ask you for an optional email. You can decline this because it's only purpose is automated password resets. Just don't lose your password plz
- Next, it will prompt you for an access token. Enter the one I gave to you.
- When you log in for the first time you should be auto-enrolled to a room called 'Welcome Room'. Say hi :) I have the notifications set to "Noisy" for this room on my end. From here you can join public rooms, accept invitations to private rooms or make your own rooms and invite your friends in.
2) Having me do it.
- This option is needed if you don't have good access to a laptop or desktop as the registration tokens don't work on mobile yet (as far as I know)
- Get a hold of me and tell me the username you want (mine is ryley).
- I'll get back to you with a temporary password. Be prepared to change it ASAP